Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Photo Number 135

This is a young gal graduating from Owatonna High School in 1902.  The photo was taken by George A Kamrath who was at the corner of North Cedar and Vines Streets in 1902.  This is written on the back side..
I found the Owatonna Alumni web site thinking for sure I would find the name.   The closest I can come is Sarah I Adams.  There were thirty students that year that graduated, twenty two of them were women, only one first name started with S.  I sent an email to the Alumni Association and asked them if they have a class photo with names..I have not heard anything back.   I think that this says Aunt Sare which may be a nickname....she was a Curtic girl.  No name even comes close on the class list, so I wonder if Aunt Sare got married and was known by her married name to who ever wrote on the back of the photo?   Another mystery.

Thanks for stopping by, do come again! :)

2 comments:

  1. I used to call a friend Sarie, her name was Sarah. It is a good guess that Sare is a nickname. I hope the Alumni Association gets back to you - I love these mysteries when all is revealed. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sate, Satie and Sadie were also common nicknames for Sarah. My great-grandmother's best friend was a "Sate" Sarah.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie