Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Photo Number 136


Three little kids, at the Erickson Studio in Fargo, ND taken in 1903 to 1907.   Soren Erickson worked as a photographer with TM Swem another of the Fargo Photographers that we are familiar with.   In 1903 Mr. Erickson opened his own studio and it was known as Erickson Studio until 1907. In 1908 to 1910 it was known as Erickson's Photo Studio and as Erickson and Co in 1911.

I found this photo at an Antique Shop in Detroit Lakes, Minnesota.  I chose it because of the children and the bows in the little girls hair.   I think perhaps the littlest is a boy..what do you all think?  As dressed up as the little girls are..I believe that if the littlest was a girl she would be more dressed up..therefore I will boldly say it is a boy.

Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

5 comments:

  1. I think he is a boy too. Love the look of the girl on the left. She looks totally disgusted with the picture taking ordeal and her sister looks a peeved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling children..love the old photos of kids the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I almost missed this one. I think that they had a hard time sitting still. The girl on the left looks like she isn't going to enjoy it now matter what. I am so behind in reading and guess I may have to just quit. I can live in the present and let the past ones go away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. I had some tin types of my greats back in the 1890s -- very similiar

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's definitely a little boy. Boys were dressed in "skirts" during this time period until they were five or six. Usually they had ringlets, too, but this little boy has managed to have his hair cropped at least. The front of his outfit has an anchor motif, so maybe he is going to graduate to sailor suits soon.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie