Friday, March 26, 2010

Photo Number 145



This is a photo that I got at an Antique Shop in Perham , Minnesota.  It is a Cabinet Card. There are no names on the back.  It could be  brothers..who knows?   The fellow on the right has an unusual bow tie..it is plaid..

I did find out a little about the photographer at Elite Studio.  His name was O H Mulvane he was located Over 6E Main in Lead, South Dakota.  Upstairs his neighbors were a Dentist and a Doctor...they were located above a Drug Store..at least that is what the 1909 list of businesses in Lead says.  Lead was quite a little gold mine..with the Homestake Mine putting it on the map in 1877.

I have a hard time making Miners out of these fellows..they look more like card sharks. I will date this photo at 1905.

Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

4 comments:

  1. They do look a little like card sharks - LOL - But even miners can clean up pretty good - LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very spiffy dressers and I am amazed at how neat their hair lays down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first thought was the guy on the right was a bagpiper. I have seen those plaid ties in photos of vintage bagpiper uniforms. A pair of card hustlers - you are so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering if they were the local law?

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie