Thursday, May 27, 2010

Photo Number 206

This carriage is marked on the side Yellowstone Park Transportation.  On the back someone had written "Our Stage Coach".  I  have no idea if it was used for transportation when this photo was taken, it certainly could have been used, they used coaches like this one from 1881 to 1917.  I wonder what year this photo could have been taken.. from the one lady's hat I will guess the 1920's?  There is an old car off to the left..a Model T or a Model A.  I am no good with old car identification. 
Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)  

3 comments:

  1. This is one of those pics that is fun to enlarge. You can see so much! The ladies look like they are having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog (http://telltheirstory.blogspot.com/) and sharing yours with me. I'm glad to see someone else trying to share history through photos and trying to reunite them with family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The background looks like Medora N.D. Could have had it parked there. I know they used to give stagecoach rides to the tourists and know a man who is giving rides in a wagon pulled by a tam of horses, this summer, up there.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie