Friday, October 7, 2011

Photo Number 677

This is a Cabinet Card from the Antique Shop in Solway.

Young Man St Paul Nebraska Soloway Antiques Cab Card

The photographer was Charles G. Henderson, he is listed in a 1890 Business Directory for Howard County Nebraska. He was born in 1860 in Illinois.  Nebraska became a State March 01, 1867.

This is a young lad..maybe 15 years old.  The top button of his coat is buttoned.  That was the style from the late 1870’s to early 1880’s.  However in this situation I think it is just his personal style.

I cannot place the photographer in Howard County in 1880..only 1890 and I found him in nearby York County in the 1900 census. 

Thanks for stopping by, do come again:)

4 comments:

  1. He's a handsome young man. I imagine he was very happy with this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is some fancy looking tile in the background.

    I wonder who the boy was... and what became fo him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the backdrop how it has the fireplace in it. Makes it look all the more homey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Aunt Ruby Burgus was married to a Frank Henderson. I really don't know the family tree but sometimes relatives show up from strange places. I will forward this to my first cousin, Joan Henderson Calison to see if she has records of this guy. She is our family tree guru for oh so many families.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for the comments, your input on these old photos is appreciated! English only please! All comments will be moderated! Connie